The Communications Manager serves a multi-faceted role as the key point of contact for all outreach and external communications. The position reports to the Chief Development Officer. This position has primary responsibility for planning, creating, and managing Eno’s communications collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders. The Communications Manager promotes Eno’s policy and program work through a multichannel strategy that includes, but isn’t limited to, email marketing, social media outreach, web content, newsletters, press releases, annual reports, presentations, social media, and other collateral and promotional materials. They provide counsel and guidance to project leaders on communication-related issues and ensures brand and voice consistency across the organization.
This position is full-time and exempt. The salary range is $65,000 – $85,000 annually and Eno offers a generous benefit package. The position is based in Washington, DC area with generous work from home policies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
40%: Digital Marketing
- Write, design, segment, and schedule email marketing for all Eno’s programs, events, reports, and initiatives. Monitor schedule and response rates to ensure subscribers are engaged and list is growing.
- Create focused and targeted outreach plans for reports, courses, initiatives, and other organizational priorities in collaboration with other staff and ensure those outreach campaigns are effective and aligned with organizational goals and messages.
- Ensure online platforms and digital communications are key vehicles for initiative efforts with high-quality, relevant, timely, brand-consistent, and fresh content. Incorporate new techniques, media, channels, and tools strategically to increase the effectiveness of marketing tactics.
- In coordination with Chief Development Officer, create effective communication strategies that build member loyalty and satisfaction and brand awareness.
- Monitor all digital properties and communications efforts to track and respond to sentiment, alerts, and opportunities.
30%: Content Creation (Print and Digital)
- Design and produce publications, reports, policy briefs, and other collateral and promotional materials.
- Design shareable social media content for multiple online platforms, working closely with stakeholders to ensure effective messaging and cohesive branding.
- Coordinate, promote, and manage Eno’s webinar series.
- Collaborate with ETW and Administrative Associate to provide input as needed on content and creative design of Eno’s monthly e-newsletter, Eno Connector, to ensure it is aligned with the overall communications plan and strategy.
- Plan and manage the design, content, and production of all collateral and promotional materials, digital and print.
20% Staff Writer/Editor
- Serve as primary creative designer and key contributor for Propel, Eno’s alumni magazine, including coordinating content from internal and external stakeholders and developing a schedule to maximize engagement with content.
- Serve as staff writer and editor for a broad array of organizational communications including, but not limited to brochures, newsletters, annual reports, and presentations.
- Manage Eno’s website to ensure content is up-to-date, fresh, and correct. Remove or update old materials, fix or remove broken links, etc.
- Edit and contribute to data visualization for final research reports.
5% Public Relations
- Create strategy and narratives for reputation management and brand-building.
- Serve as media liaison, directing questions and setting interviews for policy staff. As needed, help create media materials such as talking points, press releases, press packages, etc.
- Track and report on public relations activities, relevant stories, and applicable news coverage.
5% Communications Processes, Tracking, and Reporting
- Create a strategic communications project management plan, and establish processes for managing communications projects from start to finish. Create repository of communications materials.
- Conduct periodic review and evaluation of efficacy of communications efforts. Track results of KPIs to evaluate communication goals.
- Track expenditures to budget and create annual budget recommendations for communications functions.
- Participate in regular team meetings to review progress and deliverables.
- Create and maintain brand guide and communication how-to manuals.
- Keep informed on latest industry communication tools through constant up gradation of qualification and skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or relevant field and/or a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
- Ability to think and plan strategically in the context of organizational goals and understand the organization’s voice
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Superior project management and time management skills, with the ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Commitment to excellence in their work with an eye for detail
- Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques, including current trends in digital media/social media
- Professionalism and enthusiasm and an unassailable sense of judgment and integrity
- Interest in transportation issues and Eno’s mission
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- The capacity to multitask and manage multiple projects and assignments, often with competing deadlines;
- An unwavering commitment to executing with excellence;
- Skilled problem-solver and self-starter;
- Superior interpersonal skills that enhance the ability to connect and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to be flexible and work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced and evolving environment;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Proficiency with graphic design and experience with Visme or Canva preferred;
- Experience with WordPress and MailChimp;
- Experience using NeonCRM or other CRM (customer relationship management) systems preferred;
- Be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time; and
- Lifting of equipment or boxes up to 25lbs may be required on an occasional basis.
To express interest in the position, send cover letter and resume outlining your unique fit for the position. Please send your applications to Alisha Robinson at: ARobinson@enotrans.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Eno’s Commitment to Diversity
Eno believes that a diverse group of staff, board members, and partners (both formal and informal) from various racial, ethnic, political, and professional backgrounds helps to enhance and validate the quality and rigor of our research and policy work, and inspire free and spirited exchange that draws upon a wide variety of views, thought, experience, and personal background.
To guarantee such an environment, Eno is firmly committed to the promotion of diversity in all of its dimensions. Internally, we cultivate a culture of inclusion that will make the Eno workplace a welcoming environment for all. This commitment to diversity extends to our external networks, advisors, and affiliates with whom Eno regularly interacts. Eno works closely with groups such as the Conference of Minority Transportation Officials, Young Professionals in Transportation, and the Women in Transportation Network.
Statement on Vaccination, Testing, and Face Covering:
Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace, communities, and the nation as a whole. Eno Center for Transportation requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to protect themselves and other employees. In cases where vaccination may be contraindicated for medical necessity, employees may submit a request for reasonable accommodation. However, in any case, employees must comply with Eno’s employment policies and applicable federal, state and/or local laws which may include regular testing and face covering requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com