Saving Time and Making Cents: Eno Transit Cost and Project Delivery Symposium
Convening Transportation Leaders to Exchange Best Practices in Transit Project Delivery
The goal of this symposium is to share findings from Eno’s transit cost and delivery report, and foster discussion and exchange of best practices in project delivery among transportation professionals, policymakers, and researchers. Sessions will focus both on broader challenges and opportunities in project delivery, as well as specific themes related to governance, processes, and standards at the national, state, and local levels. The registration fee for this event is $20.
2021 VIRTUAL SYMPOSIUM DATES:
October 18 to October 21
WHY COME TO THE SYMPOSIUM
Participants of the symposium will walk away with information and resources they can use, as well as a rich network of peers in the industry for continued knowledge and innovation sharing.
- Learn About Costs and Timeline Drivers for U.S. Transit Projects — On day one of the symposium, you will learn about the findings of Eno’s 18-month long research investigation into the high costs and long timelines of U.S. rail transit construction directly from the report’s authors.
- Discover Peer Research — During the symposium, you will be able to attend presentations and panel discussions that highlight the important work currently being undertaken to examine transit costs and delivery issues from various researchers around the country.
- Exchange Best Practices and Reform Ideas — You will hear directly from representatives from several European cities profiled in Eno’s international project delivery case studies, who will share best practices from their respective regions. Expert panels will also allow you to learn about best practices in staff capacity building, environmental permitting reform, and community engagement at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Participate in Regionally-Focused Discussion — On the final day of the symposium, you will learn about major capital expansion programs underway across the country and how project delivery practices have evolved in major cities over time. These panels will also include discussions of how recommendations and takeaways from Eno’s research can help improve outcomes for current and future projects.
- Network with Peers and Speakers — Throughout the symposium, virtual networking lounges and chat rooms will be available for you to meet and network with fellow attendees, speakers, researchers, and Eno staff.