Amendment in the Nature of a Substitute to S. 2302 Offered and Adopted at EPW Highway Markup July 30 2019
This is the text of the amendment in the nature of a substitute offered by Senators Barrasso, Carper, Capito and Cardin to S. 2302, the America’s Transportation Infrastructure Act, at the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee markup on July 30, 2019. The substitute was made base text for further amendment.
The big addition in the substitute was a new title IV containing the text of S. 1211, the AUTOS Act as reported by the Committee on Indian Affairs on June 19. Other new sections added by the substitute include:
- 1129 (nationally significant federal lands and tribal projects program),
- 1130 (tribal high priority projects program),
- 1311 (preliminary engineering rule repeal),
- 1525 (sense of Senate on HTF user self-sufficiency and offsets),
- 1526 and 1527 (stormwater issues),
- 1528 (invasive plants),
- 1529 (over-the-road bus tolling equity) and
- 1530 (bridge terminology).