1954 Inter-Agency Committee on the President’s Highway Program
September 07, 2020 | Jeff Davis
This is a PDF file of documents from the 1954 “inside” Eisenhower Administration committee originally intended to parallel the “outside” Clay Committee coming up with highway program recommendations.
Documents in the file include, in order:
- President Eisenhower’s August 20, 1954 letter appointing the committee.
- Minutes of the September 9, 1954 meeting.
- Minutes of the September 15, 1954 meeting.
- Minutes of the November 19, 1954 meeting.
- The summary written by Gen. John S. Bragdon of the December 13, 1954 meeting where the Clay Committee briefed the Interagency Committee on its draft report.