Transportation Senior Executive Program
The 2022 TSE Program will be held from May 15 to May 20, 2022. Applications for the 2022 TSE Program are due on Monday, February 21 at 11:59pm EST.
Let’s be honest, we’ve all had a “rough go” during 2020 and 2021.
We’ve learned a few hard lessons and are now ready to reconnect in a different, perhaps more meaningful, way.
The 2022 Transportation Senior Executive program (TSE) is a part of the PULSE™ series: an intensive, advanced leadership development path designed to meet the needs of transportation leaders.
PULSE™ stands for Path Upward for Leading Senior Executives and is specifically developed for the TSE program. The program’s centripetal force is simple: design a program for seasoned transportation leaders across the country that meets them at their point of need and prepares them for the next bold step in their careers.
This program is uniquely curated for individuals who are interested in refining leadership and high-level intrapersonal skills, brazenly confronting areas of weakness (we all have them) through a 360-analysis, applying leading-edge strategic techniques to challenging real-world situations and, at the core, emerging as powerful leaders in their organizations and the transportation industry.
TSE program boasts a legacy of alumni who serve at the leadership helm of transportation organizations across the country as General Managers and CEOs.
The TSE program is tailored specifically for senior-level managers who possess a strong commitment to the transportation industry and currently serve in a senior leadership role. Typically, individuals attending the TSE program are 1-3 levels removed from the C-Suite, lead a team of direct reports, have at least 3 years’ experience in a senior or executive role, and is ready to advance their careers, ultimately, to the #1 or #2 helm position in transportation leadership, whether private, public or government.
Applicants who have successfully completed other leadership programs will be given priority consideration by the Selection Committee, including completion of the Eno Transportation Mid-Manager Program and Eno/MAX, and other premier leadership programs such as those offered by APTA, Advancing Women in Transportation (WTS), Conference of Minority Transportation Officials (COMTO), and the National Transit Institute (NTI).
Applications for the 2022 TSE Program are due on Monday, February 21 at 11:59pm EST.
Individuals interested in applying for the program must provide the following:
- Online Application
- Statement of Interest
- Updated Resume
- Official Nomination Letter (by a senior or executive leader at organization)
A sample application and detailed instructions for the TSE application can be found below.
This year’s program will be held, in-person, in the Washington D.C. Metro area. More detailed information on hotel lodging and logistics will be sent to participants upon registration for the program.
The 2022 TSE program leadership topics include, but not limited, to the following:
- Organizational Culture and Performance
- Organizational Communication
- Harnessing Critical Leadership Skills
- Collaboration and Innovation
- Cultivating Board and GM Relationships
- Building Teams; Attracting and Retaining Team Talent
- High-Level Crisis Management and Simulation Exercise
- Transportation Funding & Legislation (Infrastructure Updates & Insights)
During the week-long program, participants can expect to:
- Interact and gain perspective from industry luminaries and experts with decades of transportation experience
- Confidentially discuss, work on, and share their own leadership challenges with peers and faculty in small breakout groups (Impact Group sessions)
- Complete a thorough 360 leadership assessment informed by supervisors, direct reports, and peers, and develop action plan to maximize strengths, manage improvement
- Participate in VIP discussions to identify and hone leadership “sticking points”
- Engage in challenging, highly interactive, real-world exercises
- Access to Eno’s online policy/research library portal and all resources for the course
- Complete a one-hour individual coaching session with an executive coach prior to the course
- Attend post-course webinars with a peer coaching event to reinforce course content and connect on applied lessons from the program
- Gain an understanding of expectations for CEO/GM and second-in-command roles
- Examine one’s career aspirations relative to known leadership traits, behaviors, and strategies
- Identify best practices and explore one’s values and ethics when managing relationships with stakeholders (e.g., board of directors, team members, constituents)
- Assess how to positively impact and lead an organization
- Identify personal areas of strength and growth and tighten skills as a team coach and mentor
- Develop and improve key leadership skills
- Discuss personal leadership challenges in confidential small group sessions (Impact Groups)
- Explore how organizational culture can be shaped, impacted, and changed
- Demonstrate leadership skills in a real-world crisis simulation exercise
- Discuss the challenges and opportunities for attracting and retaining emerging talent
Tuition for the 2022 Transportation Senior Executive Program is $4,950. Tuition benefits include the following:
- Member-only access to Eno policy papers, research, and archived policy library
- Lifetime Eno Alumni Association membership to help keep your career on track
- Lifetime subscription to ‘Propel’—Eno’s new quarterly online digital publication
- A 6-month complimentary membership to the highly coveted Eno Transportation Weekly (ETW), the premier transportation publication covering legislative and regulatory industry news, written by the renowned Jeff Davis, an Eno Senior Fellow
- Alumni Social Networking events
- Post-course coaching webinars to help reinforce course curriculum
- Peer-to-peer coaching and social networking sessions
Once accepted, tuition should be paid 30 days before the start of the program course either online or through a company invoice. If an invoice is the preferred method of payment, one will be emailed to the participant after registration is complete. Payment terms for invoices are net 30 days.
Please note that your seat is not guaranteed until you have registered and paid tuition. For questions on course tuition or payment, contact our team at PDPsupport@enotrans.org.
Please carefully read Eno’s Cancellation Policies prior to applying.
To ensure a safe and immersive learning experience, all TSE participants selected for the 2022 program will be required to submit proof of vaccination for two (2) doses of the CDC-authorized vaccines. Participants must be fully vaccinated, at minimum, two weeks prior to first session date. Participants must also comply with all state and local COVID-19 mask mandates and protocols. Please note that Eno cannot guarantee social distancing within the learning environment.
*Eno currently adheres to and implements COVID-19 recommendations from the CDC. COVID-19 recommendations, requirements, and updates are subject to change with or without notice.
Eno is an American Planning Association (APA) – American Institute of Certified Planners™ (AICP) authorized provider. AICP members can earn Certification Maintenance (CM) credits for activities in accordance with this program. Transportation Senior Executive participants are eligible for Certification Maintenance credits once they have successfully completed the program and met all certification requirements. Information on how to claim credits will be sent to participants interested in claiming the credits after the program’s completion.
Statement of Interest
- Click here for helpful tips on how to write an effective statement of interest
- Tips on how to proofread your work for the best results
- How to ask for an effective nomination letter
- An example of a successful nomination letter and its format
There are two scholarship opportunities available to Transportation Senior Executive applicants: The Frank J. Lichtanski Memorial Scholarship offered by the American Public Transportation Foundation; and the Robert J. Prince, Jr. Scholarship offered by the Conference of Minority Transportation Officials (COMTO). Detailed information on the scholarships is referenced below.
Frank J. Lichtanski Memorial Scholarship
The American Public Transportation Foundation (APTF) has honored Frank J. Lichtanski, long time General Manager/CEO of Monterey-Salinas Transit in California by creating the Frank J. Lichtanski Scholarship Fund. Mr. Lichtanski is remembered for his 31 years of dedication to providing the very best transit service to the people of Monterey County. In memory of his dedication to the public transit industry and support of small and medium-sized transit agencies, the scholarship has been established to provide tuition support in the amount of $2,500 (participant’s agency will be invoiced for remaining tuition costs) to an eligible candidate from a small or medium-sized transit agency. The winner of the Frank Lichtanski Scholarship also receives a waiver of registration fees for the APTA Annual Meeting.
Robert Prince, Jr. Scholarship
The Conference Of Minority Transportation Officials (COMTO) and AECOM have honored Robert Prince, Jr. for his dedication to the growth and development of emerging leaders in the transit industry by creating the Robert Prince Scholarship. Mr. Prince has demonstrated a lifelong commitment to the education of the transit workforce in his roles as a leader in the public and private sectors of the transportation industry, in his volunteer commitment to youth in Boston, and as board member of COMTO and the American Public Transportation Foundation. The scholarship will be awarded to a senior leader in the transit industry who currently reports directly to the General Manager/CEO. The recipient should have a career goal to become a transit General Manager/CEO in a rural, small urban or urban transit agency. Preference is given to current members of COMTO. The winner of the Robert Prince Scholarship also receives a registration waiver and travel support to the COMTO Annual Conference and is encouraged to participate in the COMTO Leadership Institute.
For questions about the Transportation Senior Executive Program, please contact the Professional Development Team at PDPSupport@enotrans.org