Transit Mid Manager Seminar: Level II
The Transit Mid-Manager Seminar (Level 2) is a course intended for graduates of the Eno Transit Mid-Manager Seminar (Level 1). Students will learn advanced skills that build upon concepts discussed at the first course, including communications, management techniques, and team building. Students will also benefit from several guest lectures delivered by senior transit professionals.
Transit Mid-Manager (Level 2) is a 3-day seminar that will enable you to perform at an even higher level and will prepare you for new leadership challenges in the transit industry. Topics will include:
- Managing Up and Out (includes Managing Stakeholders)
- Handling Difficult Employees and Underperformers
- Growth Coaching and Constructive Feedback
- Communication Part 2: Conflict Resolution
- Influencing and Creating Followership (includes Emotional Intelligence)
- Attracting & Retaining Top Talent
How You Will Benefit:
- Increase your confidence as a mid-level manager
- Enhance and expand your transit-industry support network; foster additional relationships that will last long after the seminar is over
- Seek (and provide) feedback and counsel to other managers who are at the same stage in their career
What You Will Learn:
- How to develop your team members through delegation and growth coaching
- Strategies for “managing up” and managing outside stakeholders
- Practical tools for resolving conflict and dealing with difficult employees and underperformers
- Additional skills to persuade and influence others
- Techniques for recruiting and retaining talented people
Only graduates of Transit Mid-Manager Seminars (Level 1) offered in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 are eligible for the Level 2 class. The course instructor will be Carita Ducre or Teri Fisher.
The class will be held November 8-10th, 2018 in New Orleans, LA at the New Orleans RTA HQ. Breakfast, lunch, and one dinner are included in the tuition fee.
AICP and PDH hours are available upon request.
Students have the option of undergoing a 360 Leadership Review. This is an excellent opportunity to gauge your progress as a manager! Results of the review will be discussed in a private 60-90 minute coaching session before the class. Graduates of the Transit Mid-Manager Seminar (Level 1) can purchase a review without registering for the Level 2 class.
Registration is currently closed for the 2017 TMM:Level 2. It will open in mid 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact Erin Shumate, Senior Manager, Training and Events, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Course Dates
360 Review Only (optional): $320.00
Seminar Registration: $2,000.00
Seminar Registration and 3 nights hotel: $2,800.00