Transit Mid Manager Seminar: Level II
The Transit Mid-Manager Seminar (Level 2) is a course intended for graduates of the Eno Transit Mid-Manager Seminar (Level 1). Students will learn advanced skills that build upon concepts discussed at the first course, including communications, management techniques, and team building. Students will also benefit from several guest lectures delivered by senior transit professionals.
Transit Mid-Manager (Level 2) is a 3-day seminar that will enable you to perform at an even higher level and will prepare you for new leadership challenges in the transit industry.
Topics will include:
- Managing Up and Out (includes Managing Stakeholders)
- Handling Difficult Employees and Underperformers
- Growth Coaching and Constructive Feedback
- Communication Part 2: Conflict Resolution
- Influencing and Creating Followership (includes Emotional Intelligence)
- Attracting & Retaining Top Talent
How You Will Benefit:
- Increase your confidence as a mid-level manager
- Enhance and expand your transit-industry support network; foster additional relationships that will last long after the seminar is over
- Seek (and provide) feedback and counsel to other managers who are at the same stage in their career
What You Will Learn:
- How to develop your team members through delegation and growth coaching
- Strategies for “managing up” and managing outside stakeholders
- Practical tools for resolving conflict and dealing with difficult employees and underperformers
- Additional skills to persuade and influence others
- Techniques for recruiting and retaining talented people
Only graduates of Transit Mid-Manager Seminars (Level 1) starting in 2014 are eligible for the Level 2 class. The course instructor will be Carita Ducre and Erin Shumate.
2019 Class Details
The class will be held November 6th -8th, 2019 in Atlanta, GA at the MARTA headquarters. Breakfast, lunch, and one dinner are included in the tuition fee. For planning purposes, a welcome dinner will be hosted on Tuesday, November 5th at 6:00pm, class begins at 8:00am on Wednesday, November 6th and concludes at 5:00pm on Friday, November 8th. Please make sure travel can accommodate these days.
Conference Hotel Information:
Hotel information to come.
A discounted rate is provided to class participants at the conference hotel. Information on how to book the hotel is sent upon registration.Participants also have the option of choosing the 4 nights of hotel and tuition option. If this option is chosen, Eno will make the hotel reservation for the participant.
If you have any questions, please contact Erin Shumate, Deputy Director,Professional Development Programs firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to be informed of future class offerings, please join the course Interest List.
Upcoming Course Dates
Seminar Registration: $2,650.00 + processing fees
Seminar Registration and 4 nights hotel: TBA