Transportation Mid-Manager Program 2023
The 2023 Transportation Mid-Manager Accelerate™ program is designed for mid-level leaders wanting to be faster, sharper, and stronger in the art of leadership. The Accelerate™ model is intentionally anchored by three directives: enhance strategic skillsets, engage in meaningful leadership content and learning, and re-invigorate how participants show up as leaders. This year, we are offering three (3) in person sessions: spring, summer, and fall.
The 2023 application deadline has been extended to Tuesday, February 21, 2023, 5:00pm EST.
Chicago, IL: Spring Session, May 21 – 26, 2023
The Transportation Mid-Manager Spring session will be held in Chicago, Illinois. Known for
its jaw-dropping architecture, vibrant music scene, and amazing food, — including the deep-
dish pizza. Chicago is also home to Millennium Park, Wrigley Field, and the beautiful
Denver, CO: Summer Session, July 16 – 21, 2023
The Transportation Mid-Manager Summer session will be held in Denver, Colorado. Known
for its collection of world-class museums, first-rate breweries, and historical landmarks, it
showcases a picturesque backdrop of the Rocky Mountains.
Boston, MA: Fall Session, October 1 – 6, 2023
Boston is best known for not only their clam chowder, Fenway Park, and The Boston Marathon, it has
played an important role in the history of conservation, landscape architecture, military and
political history. It also houses the bar from one of the most popular sitcoms of all time, Cheers.
When applying, applicants will be asked to choose which primary session they would like to attend. Please note that applicants are not guaranteed their TMM Accelerate™ session choice. Final decisions on actual session assignments will be determined by the Eno staff based on class size distribution and organization type (transit, public, private) to yield the richest experience for attendees.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
TMM is designed specifically for mid-level managers working in cross-functional transportation roles in transit, federal, and the public and private sectors.
Known for being a critical step for hundreds of transportation alumni, TMM is ideal for professionals wanting to accelerate their career advancement. Applicants selected into the TMM program will be committed to authentic engagement with executive faculty, coaches, and program peers. Those who are accepted into the program should be ready to embark on a challenging, insightful, and dynamic leadership journey. Successful completion of the program will require a willingness to be vulnerable, courageous, and comfortable with the uncomfortable. If you are ready to accelerate in your career and are looking for a program that will leverage your success and help you navigate the complexities of leadership – then apply today.
HOW TO APPLY
Individuals interested in applying for the program must provide the following information:
- Online Application
- Statement of Interest
- Updated Resume
- Nomination Letter (by a senior or executive leader at the organization)
The application deadline for all TMM sessions is Tuesday, February 21, 2023, at 5:00pm EST.
VIEW APPLICANT ESSAY QUESTIONS
PROGRAM SCHEDULE & LOGISTICS
Detailed information on lodging and program logistics will be sent to participants upon registration for the program. This year’s session locations are still being finalized, please stay tuned for updates*
During the week-long Accelerate program, participants can expect to:
- Optimize their specific leadership styles through the award-winning 360 Leadership Assessment
- Participate in individualized coaching sessions based on 360 leadership assessment
- Learn strategies to elevate effective communication skills
- Improve strategic and critical thinking skills
Sample Agenda & General Schedule (subject to change without notice)
Download Sample Agenda
- Develop tools to act as a bridge between senior leadership and public facing employees
- Gain a broader knowledge of industry challenges and how to navigate change
- Analyze and develop leadership lessons utilizing ancient and contemporary concepts
- Identify and utilize various leadership styles and theories
- Interpret the critical role of mid-level managers
- Strategically apply delegation methods used to enhance time and capacity
- Learn the balance between leading people and managing activities
- Outline and design authentic and unique leadership stories
- Create alignment across the organization by better leveraging skills, role, and function
- Hone team and trust building techniques
- Strengthen coaching and feedback skills
- Develop a stronger peer network across transportation organizations
FINANCIAL INVESTMENT & PROGRAM BENEFITS
Program costs for the 2023 TMM Accelerate program is $4,750. Benefits include the following:
- Coverage of most meals (breakfast, lunch, and light snacks) in addition to a networking reception on one evening.
- Hotel lodging is not included in the tuition fees. However, Eno competitively negotiates standard hotel rates for program attendees. All Eno event hotels are rated 3-stars or above and are located in thriving, transportation-hub cities. Once selected into the program, a weblink will be sent to participants registering for the program to directly book their stay via the hotel’s reservation portal.
- Member-only access to Eno policy papers, research, and archived policy library
- Executive coaching from industry experts, one-on-one and in small group sessions
- Lifetime Eno Alumni Association membership to help keep your career on track
- Complimentary subscription to ‘Propel’—Eno’s new quarterly online digital publication for Eno’s Professional Development alumni
- A 6-month complimentary membership to the highly coveted Eno Transportation Weekly (ETW), the premier transportation publication covering legislative and regulatory industry news, written by the renowned Jeff Davis, an Eno Senior Fellow
- Direct engagement with VIP Keynote Speakers
- Post-course coaching webinars to reinforce course curriculum
- Peer-to-peer coaching and social networking events
Once accepted, tuition should be paid 30 days before the start of the program course either online or through a company invoice. If an invoice is the preferred method of payment, one will be emailed to the participant after registration is complete. Payment terms for invoices are net 30 days.
Please note that your seat is not guaranteed until you have registered and paid tuition. For questions on course tuition or payment, contact our team at PDPsupport@enotrans.org.
Please carefully read Eno’s Cancellation Policies prior to applying.
HEALTH & SAFETY
To ensure a safe and immersive learning experience, all TMM participants selected for the 2023 in-person programs will be required to submit full proof of vaccination as currently defined by the CDC, and display a negative COVID-19 test prior to the first session day. Participants must be fully vaccinated, at minimum, two weeks prior to the first session date and must also comply with state and local COVID-19 mask mandates and protocols. Please note that Eno cannot guarantee social distancing within the learning environment.
*Eno currently adheres to and implements COVID-19 recommendations from the CDC. COVID-19 recommendations and requirements are subject to change with or without notice.
Eno is an American Planning Association (APA) – American Institute of Certified Planners™ (AICP) certified member.
AICP members can earn Certification Maintenance (CM) credits for activities in accordance with this program. Transportation Senior Executive participants are eligible for Certification Maintenance credits once they have successfully completed the program and met all certification requirements. Information on how to claim credits will be sent to participants interested in claiming the credits after the program’s completion.
HELPFUL APPLICATION RESOURCES
Statement of Interest:
- Click here for helpful tips on how to write an effective statement of interest
- Tips on how to proofread your work for the best results
- How to ask for an effective nomination letter
- An example of a successful nomination letter and its format
TMM PARTICIPANT TESTIMONIALS
- “Putting this information into practice is super helpful. I think that’s the key point: leadership development means practice, practice, practice!”
- “Paul Wiedefeld was amazing, and I took some very detailed notes so I can review my thoughts and put some of his words into action in my agency”
- “Overall, job well done. An absolutely engaging experience even in virtual setting.”
- “The knowledge and guidance that was shared and given for personal growth was exceptional. I really felt like the information presented was for me and that the facilitators listened to what I needed to develop and grow as a leader.”
For questions about the program or application process, please contact the Professional Development Team at email@example.com.