2021 Transportation Mid-Manager
Over the past year, leadership trends have significantly changed in complexity and so has the available pool of talented leaders who can lead organizations in helm positions. The 2021 Transportation Mid-Manager (TMM) Accelerate program is designed for mid-level leaders wanting to be faster, sharper, and stronger in the art of leadership. The Accelerate model is intentionally anchored by three directives: enhance strategic skillsets, engage in meaningful leadership content and learning, and re-invigorate how participants show up as leaders.
Application deadline is Monday, May 17.
TMM is designed specifically for mid-level leaders working in cross-functional transportation roles in transit, government, and the public and private sectors. Known for being a critical step for hundreds of transportation alumni, TMM is ideal for professionals wanting to accelerate their career advancement. If you are looking for a program that will leverage your success and help you navigate the complexities of leadership – then TMM is the answer for you.
Individuals interested in applying for the program must provide the following information:
- Online Application
- Statement of Interest
- Updated Resume
- Nomination Letter (by a senior leader)
Statement of Interest:
- Click here for helpful tips on how to write an effective statement of interest
- Tips on how to proofread your work for the best results
- How to ask for an effective nomination letter
- An example of a successful nomination letter and its format
TMM Accelerate Sessions for 2021 will be held over five (5) days, spanning a two-week period. In Week 1, the program kicks off on Sunday with a required Welcome and Program Overview event. The Program then takes place Monday – Thursday, for approximately 4.5 hours each day, followed by an Executive VIP Roundtable and keynote the following Tuesday. Our hope is that this schedule format is a good fit for working professionals engaged in virtual learning while balancing work and family responsibilities. Attendance at all scheduled sessions is required for successful completion of the Program.
We are offering two TMM sessions this year: summer and fall. When applying, applicants will be asked to choose which primary session they would like to attend. Please note that applicants are not guaranteed their primary TMM Accelerate session choice. Final decisions on actual session assignment will be determined by the Eno staff based on class size distribution and organization type (transit, public, private) to yield the richest experience for attendees.
During the 2021 TMM Accelerate program, participants can expect to:
- Optimize their specific leadership styles through the award-winning 360 Leadership Assessment
- Participate in individualized coaching sessions based on 360 leadership assessment
- Learn strategies to elevate effective communication skills
- Improve strategic and critical thinking skills
- Develop tools to act as a bridge between senior leadership and public facing employees
- Gain a broader knowledge of industry challenges and how to navigate change
- Understand the critical role of mid-level managers
- Learn the balance between leading people and managing activities
- Create alignment across the organization by better leveraging skills, role, and function
- Hone team and trust building techniques
- Strengthen coaching and feedback skills
- Develop a stronger peer network across transportation organizations
Tuition for the 2021 TMM Accelerate program is $3,400. Tuition benefits include the following:
- A curated Eno Box sent directly to all registered participants with required program materials
- Member-only access to Eno policy papers, research, and archived policy library
- Executive coaching from industry experts, one-on-one and in small group sessions
- Lifetime Eno Alumni Association membership to help keep your career on track
- Complimentary subscription to ‘Propel’—Eno’s new quarterly online digital publication for Eno’s Professional Development alumni
- A 6-month complimentary membership to the highly coveted Eno Transportation Weekly (ETW), the premier transportation publication covering legislative and regulatory industry news, written by the renowned Jeff Davis, an Eno Senior Fellow
- Direct engagement with VIP Keynote Speakers
- Post-course coaching webinars to reinforce course curriculum
- Peer-to-peer coaching and social networking events
Once accepted, tuition should be paid 30 days before the start of the program course either online or through a company invoice. If an invoice is the preferred method of payment, one will be emailed to the participant after registration is complete. Payment terms for invoices are net 30 days.
Please note that your seat is not guaranteed until you have registered and paid tuition. For questions on course tuition or payment, contact our team at PDPsupport@enotrans.org.
Please carefully read Eno’s Cancellation Policies prior to applying.
Eno is an American Planning Association (APA) – American Institute of Certified Planners™ (AICP) authorized provider.
AICP members can earn Certification Maintenance (CM) credits for activities in accordance with this program. Transportation Senior Executive participants are eligible for Certification Maintenance credits once they have successfully completed the program and met all certification requirements. Information on how to claim credits will be sent to participants interested in claiming the credits after the program’s completion.
“The emphasis on being strategic, having your vision, and establishing the expectations for yourself and others. These are simple actions and collaborations that I can implement now and carry with me for the rest of my career.”
“I got a lot of Wow’s today and a better reflection on the type of person I am and the types of people on my team.”
“As a whole I’m really grateful for the experience and the wonderful insights and opportunities, and I think it’s going to be very helpful for me in the future.”
“Renewed perspective and tons of gems of wisdom to take back to the workplace!”
For questions about the program or application process, please contact the Professional Development Team, at firstname.lastname@example.org.