2021 Transportation Senior Executive Program
Something new and bold is happening for Transportation Senior Executive (TSE)…and it’s going to be a game changer.
By popular demand the TSE application deadline date has been extended to Thursday, April 22nd.
The 2021 Transportation Senior Executive (TSE) is a part of the GameChanger series, an intensive advanced leadership program with flex scheduling to fit busy calendars. The program is designed for seasoned transportation leaders across the country preparing to take the next step in their careers. Held every Monday over a period of 5 weeks, this program is uniquely curated for individuals who are interested in refining leadership and intrapersonal skills, applying high-level strategic techniques to challenging real-world situations, and committed to emerging as powerful leaders in their organizations. Eno’s TSE program boasts a legacy of alumni who serve at the leadership helm of transportation organizations as General Managers and CEOs. The TSE program is sure to be a game-changer.
Eno’s TSE program boasts a legacy of alumni who serve at the leadership helm of transportation organizations as General Managers and CEOs. Here are just a few of our esteemed alumni.
This year’s program will offer the new PULSE™ 1-5-5 Schedule where participants will meet once a week, for 5 hours, over 5 weeks.
PULSE™ stands for Path Upward for Leading Senior Executives and is developed especially for the TSE program. In the past year, a common feedback from participants who completed our virtual leadership programing is the need for better work, learning, and life balance. We listened and went to work on how to increase the value of our programs both in terms of developing content aligned with post-COVID leadership demands, and the time most employees can dedicate to professional development learning. Under the new PULSE™ schedule, participants are able to get the executive leadership content the TSE program is known for while having time to reflect on, discuss, and practice learned skills; and better manage the demands of work and life.
The program is tailored specifically for senior-level managers who possess a strong commitment to the public transportation industry and currently serve in a senior leadership role. This program is designed for senior leaders in public agencies, private sector firms, and contract operators – regardless of organization or agency size.
Applicants who have successfully completed other leadership programs will be given priority consideration by the Selection Committee, including completion of the Eno Transportation Mid-Manager Program and other premier leadership programs such as those offered by APTA, Advancing Women in Transportation (WTS) and the National Transit Institute (NTI).
Individuals interested in applying for the program must provide the following:
- Online Application
- Statement of Interest
- Updated Resume
- Official Nomination Letter (by a senior or executive leader)
A sample application and detailed instructions for the TSE application can be found here.
Statement of Interest:
- Click here for helpful tips on how to write an effective statement of interest
- Tips on how to proofread your work for the best results
- How to ask for an effective nomination letter
- An example of a successful nomination letter and its format
The 2021 TSE program leadership topics include the following:
- Harnessing Critical Leadership Skills
- Shaping Company Culture
- Cultivating Board and GM Relationships
- Managing Disruptive Change Management
- Attracting and Maintaining Top Talent
- Organizational Communication
- High-Level Crisis Management and Simulation Exercise
- Leadership in the New Age of Telework
During the 5-week program, participants can expect to:
- Interact and gain perspective from industry luminaries and experts with decades of transportation experience
- Confidentially discuss, work on, and share their own leadership challenges with peers and faculty in small breakout groups
- Complete a thorough 360 leadership assessment informed by supervisors, direct reports, and peers
- Participate in VIP-led Impact Group Coaching sessions to identify and hone leadership “sticking points”
- Engage in challenging, highly interactive, real-world exercises
- Access to Eno’s online policy/research library portal and all resources for the course
- Attend virtual networking events
- Complete a one-hour individual coaching session with an executive coach prior to the course.
- Attend 3 post-course webinars with a peer coaching event to reinforce course content and connect on applied lessons from the program
- Gain exposure to and an understanding of the various expectations for a CEO/GM role
- Examine one’s career aspirations relative to known leadership traits, behaviors, and strategies
- Identify best practices and explore one’s values and ethics when managing relationships with stakeholders (e.g., board of directors, team members, constituents)
- Assess how to positively impact and lead an organization
- Identify personal areas of strength and growth and strengthen skills as a coach and mentor
- Develop and improve key leadership skills
- Discuss personal leadership challenges in confidential small group sessions (Impact Groups)
- Explore how organizational culture can be shaped, impacted, and changed
- Demonstrate leadership skills in a real-world crisis simulation exercise
- Discuss the challenges and opportunities for attracting and retaining emerging talent
Tuition for the 2021 Transportation Senior Executive Program is $3,900. Tuition benefits include the following:
- A curated Eno Box sent directly to all registered participants with required program materials
- Member-only access to Eno policy papers, research, and archived policy library
- Lifetime Eno Alumni Association membership to help keep your career on track
- Lifetime subscription to ‘Propel’—Eno’s new quarterly online digital publication
- A 6-month complimentary membership to the highly coveted Eno Transportation Weekly (ETW), the premier transportation publication covering legislative and regulatory industry news, written by the renowned Jeff Davis, an Eno Senior Fellow
- Alumni Social Networking events
- Post-course coaching webinars to help reinforce course curriculum
- Peer-to-peer coaching and social networking sessions
Once accepted, tuition should be paid 30 days before the start of the program course either online or through a company invoice. If an invoice is the preferred method of payment, one will be emailed to the participant after registration is complete. Payment terms for invoices are net 30 days.
Please note that your seat is not guaranteed until you have registered and paid tuition. For questions on course tuition or payment, contact our team at PDPsupport@enotrans.org.
Please carefully read Eno’s Cancellation Policies prior to applying.
Eno is an American Planning Association (APA) – American Institute of Certified Planners™ (AICP) authorized provider. AICP members can earn Certification Maintenance (CM) credits for activities in accordance with this program. Transportation Senior Executive participants are eligible for Certification Maintenance credits once they have successfully completed the program and met all certification requirements. Information on how to claim credits will be sent to participants interested in claiming the credits after the program’s completion.
“As a participant in the Senior Executive [Program] and seeing the progression of our emerging leaders who have also participated, I can attest to the value of the coaching, mentoring and leadership development embedded in the program. I encourage up and coming transportation executives to take advantage of this innovative program which will not only enhance their professional development skills but also serve as an invaluable networking opportunity.”
—Greg Kelly, Chief Executive Officer, STV
“The TSE Eno class was excellent! Participants were able to connect and interact in smaller groups and build professional relationships with their peers. Instructors and speakers were highly professional and knowledgeable in their area of expertise.”
—Aida Copic, Director of Planning, Transit Authority of River City
“The camaraderie built among the classmates is unparalleled, as everyone in the room is a leader and a technical expert. It provides a safe environment for real conversations about the individual, the organizations they are part of, in the industry as a whole.”
—Chris Trujillo, Chief of Police, New Jersey Transit
“It was refreshing to participate in a training program that was truly transformative. There are so many positive things I can say about the course, from the content and speakers to the 360 feedback. I would encourage anyone thinking about participating to go for it. It’s worth spending a week with such a high level of transit professionals.”
—Lisa Reinheimer, Director of Planning and Development, Monterey-Salinas Transit
Frank J. Lichtanski Memorial Scholarship
The American Public Transportation Foundation (APTF) has honored Frank J. Lichtanski, long time General Manager/CEO of Monterey-Salinas Transit in California by creating the Frank J. Lichtanski Scholarship Fund. Mr. Lichtanski is remembered for his 31 years of dedication to providing the very best transit service to the people of Monterey County. In memory of his dedication to the public transit industry and support of small and medium-sized transit agencies, the scholarship has been established to provide full-tuition support (valued up to $3,900) to an eligible candidate from a small or medium-sized transit agency. The winner of the Frank Lichtanski Scholarship also receives a waiver of registration fees for the APTA Annual Meeting.
For questions about the Transportation Senior Executive Program, please contact the Professional Development Team at PDPSupport@enotrans.org