Not Permanent Staff Position: Contract/Consultant Only
Contract Offering: up to $34,000 (USD) maximum/annum
Eno is an independent, non-partisan think-tank that shapes public debate on critical multimodal transportation issues and builds a network of innovative transportation professionals. The leader in our field for a century, government and industry leaders rely on Eno for timely research and an independent voice on policy issues. Our professional development programs strengthen the leadership and practical skills of transportation professionals across the industry.
The Eno/MAX program is a unique and highly regarded collaboration among major transit agencies across the U.S. to promote best practices and foster innovation; deepen transportation industry knowledge; cultivate transit leadership bench strength; and enhance peer networking among transit professionals.
About the Leadership Development Specialist Role:
A key component of the Eno/MAX program is the critical support provided by the Leadership Development Specialist (LDS). The LDS is an experienced professional who knows how to coach, mentor and develop emerging leaders, preferably in the transportation industry; provides overall management, support and guidance to program participants as they complete the rigorous yearlong program; collaborates with agency facilitators who oversee, coordinate, and direct the program at the agency level; and serves as a member of the Eno Team (contractor/consultant) to ensure the Eno/MAX program continues to exceed expectations and deliver value to its members and participants. The Eno/MAX program, to include pre- and post-program support runs from January to October, approximately 350 contractual hours.
The LDS Specific Responsibilities:
- Attend all scheduled weeklong program sessions (up to 4 maximum) for one Eno/MAX group, which can and will involve intercity travel, and scheduled approximately every 4-6 weeks.
- Attend and assist with end-of-year agency facilitator planning and program review meeting (annual facilitator conference).
- Participate in the development, review, and critical assessment of program curricula and/or content as needed.
- Facilitate, lead, and/or deliver Eno-provided learning and professional development content, as agreed in advance.
- Serve as subject-matter-expert (SME) for program purpose, content, and structure.
- Exercise leadership and provide overall guidance and support to agency facilitators, to include on-site logistical support at the facilitators’ discretion.
- Assist with coordinating guest speakers and Eno-provided content for agency visits.
- Provide assistance to agency facilitators in the development and structuring of their program agendas and materials.
- Assist with planning and provide support for end-of-year program events such as graduation, Eno Week, business case presentations, etc.
- Collect, compile, analyze, and report on data collected during and after agency visits and provide information/feedback to agency facilitators and the Eno Team as required, to include end-of-year final reporting.
- Attend mandatory program/course webinars, Eno team meetings, etc., that will be scheduled between, or outside of, in-person program meetings.
- Coordinate and lead regularly scheduled conference calls for agency facilitators for assigned group throughout the program year.
- Advise Eno on the development of alumni activities.
- Other similar duties, as assigned.
The LDS should be willing and available to travel throughout the U.S. for weeklong events during the program year; have a passion for adult learning and leadership skills development; have strong competence in group and individual coaching methodology; and be highly skilled in building relational networks, organizational development, course facilitation and presenting publicly. The LDS should be able to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and anticipate trends and impending change. Transportation experience is preferred, but not required.
To learn more about Eno Center for Transportation and its complete body of policy and professional development work, please visit Eno. Note that all Eno employees and consultants/contractors with direct program engagement roles must show proof of full vaccination and comply with program and jurisdictional mask mandates.
To express interest in the position, send cover letter outlining your unique fit for the position, contract compensation requirement, and resume/CV to ARobinson@enotrans.org. Position open until filled.