The Eno Center for Transportation (Eno) is an independent, non-partisan think-tank that promotes policy innovation and leads professional development in the transportation industry. Our mission is to shape public debate on critical multimodal transportation issues and builds an innovative network of transportation professionals. The leader in its field for nearly a century, Eno provides government and industry leaders with timely research and an independent voice on policy issues. Our core values are: objectivity, integrity, independence, quality, and relevance. Eno publishes rigorous, objective analyses on the problems facing transportation and provides ideas for and a clear path toward possible solutions. Through its professional development programs, Eno cultivates creative and visionary leadership by giving public and private transportation leaders the tools and training they need to succeed together. Since its inception, Eno has instructed over 3,500 transportation professionals. Eno can look back on a long and proud history as a thought-leader in national transportation policy with a strong training and leadership program. We enjoy a truly unique position as the hub of a network of transportation industry leaders with a smart and dedicated staff and a solid reputation for credible, independent, and impactful work.
Communications Intern – Position Overview
Eno is seeking a Communications Intern to join its marketing and development team. The Communications Intern will report to the Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships.
Responsibilities can include, but aren’t limited to:
Communication & Marketing
- Develop media assets for Eno’s programs and research to provide media and the public with additional resources.
- Contribute to Eno’s content library for online engagement, including creating additional posts and video content using existing or new content.
- Assist with marketing for events and courses, including alumni and policy events
- Help create print materials for Development use: working group one pagers, membership materials, planned giving brochure, etc.
- Assist in the execution of Hill briefings including preparing handouts, developing invitee lists, and staffing events.
- Ensure press list is kept up-to-date.
Eno Transportation Weekly & Policy Support
- Contribute to the weekly production for ETW, including but not limited to activities such as: reporting on committee meetings or transportation related events; researching topics of interest for articles; creating content or soliciting experts for the point/counterpoint series; and/or creating top ten lists or other articles
Other Duties as Assigned
- Help manage website, including tagging content by issue area, fixing broken links, organizing Traffic Quarterly digital library, and other tasks.
- Setting up Eno research archives
- Experience and/or education in communications, social media, or other relevant fields.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented individuals with superior written, verbal and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills with experience in Social Media & Microsoft office, at a minimum
- Dependability, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Intern.”